Why can't I access the internet after I connect my WRT54G2 to my Motorola DSL router?#
If you get AT&T DSL service, you will likely get a Motorola DSL modem. If you then attempt to use a Linksys WRT54G2 router, you are likely to be able to access the router's admin page at 192.168.1.1, but nothing else.
The solution is to set the local IP address of the router to 192.168.2.1.
Router Detailed Instructions#
- Go to http://192.168.1.1
- On the top menu, click on Setup
- Search for Local IP Address. It likely says 192.168.1.1. Change it to 192.168.2.1.
- Click Save Settings
Client Detailed Instructions#
- Click on the apple icon on the upper left of the screen.
- Go to System Preferences
- Click on Network
- On the Network window, click on Advanced
- Click Renew DHCP Lease
- Click OK
- On the Network window, click Apply and close the network window.
You should now be set.