- Kickapoo (28m, 40min) - Canoeing or Kayaking is available on 12 different lakes.
Addrress: 10906 Kickapoo Park Road, Oakwood, IL 61858, 217-442-4915
- Middle Fork (28m, 40min) - Public parking and canoe or kayak access to the Middle Fork River is provided at two locations. The Kinney's Ford access is located in the northern section of the facility and may be reached by driving one-half mile west of the 2620N/900E intersection. The Bunker Hill canoe access may be reached by driving east on the facility's south access road located at 2250N/900E. The west entrance bridge at Kickapoo State Park provides a canoe take-out point for these access areas. Camping is prohibited along the river, except in designated campgrounds.
Address: 10906 Kickapoo Park Road, Oakwood, IL 61858, 217-442-4915
- Fox Ridge (78m, 1h 30m)- There are two canoe or kayak launches, one north and one south provides a five mile trip on the Embarras River.
Address: 18175 State Park Road, Charleston, IL 61920, 217-345-6416
- Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve, (16m, 30 min)
- Early American Museum, (16m, 30 min)
- Mabery Gelvin Botanical Garden, (16m, 30 min). 217-586-4389, 217-586-4630. Mahomet, Illinois.
- Mindy Harrington Memorial Garden
- HI-Tower Bell Carillon, Lake of the Woods
- Covered Bridge, Lake of the Woods
- River Bend, 217-586-3360
- Homer Lake
- Environmental Education Center, at Homer Lake
- Middle Fork River Forest Preserve, 217-595-5692, 217-595-5432. Swim beach, fishing, hiking, boat rentals, cross-country skiing, picnicking, building rentals and educational programs. It is an extensive, diversely wooded area.
- Middle Fork Campground
- Waterfowl Management Area
Lake Shelbyville (75m, 1h 42min)#
- Activities - biking, boating, camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, horseback riding, hunting, swimming
- Contact - 217-774-2244, 1-800-874-3529
Recreation Outdoors CategoryGeographic.US.MW